Nature of work of Solapur Municipal Corporation
Solapur Municipal Corporation is the administrative body of Solapur City in the Indian state of Maharashtra. A Municipal Corporation consists of democratically elected members, is headed by a Mayor and manages the City's Infrastructure, Public Services etc.
Under the Solapur Municipal Corporation, various departments are involved in providing various services to Citizen in the city of Solapur, including City Planning and Urban Planning. Planning for economic and social development. Water supply for domestic, industrial and commercial purposes. Providing services like public health, sanitation , solid waste management , Housing, Education and Transportation
• Urban planning including Town Planning and Infrastructure Development.
• Regulation of Land use and construction of buildings and other properties.
• Planning for economic development and social justice.
• Power to levy, collect taxes as per process.
• Water supply for domestic, industrial and commercial purposes.
• Public health, sanitation and solid waste management.
• Facilitating firefighting services and emergency relief operations.
• Promotion of urban forestry, environmental protection and ecological aspects.
• Protecting the interests of the disabled and weaker sections of the society
• Slum improvement.
• Repairing street lights.
• Alleviation of urban poverty.
• Provision of civic facilities and amenities like parks, gardens, playgrounds.
• Promotion of cultural, educational and aesthetic aspects.
• Cemeteries, Crematoriums, Crematoriums and Electric Crematories.
• Prevention of cruelty to animals.
• Vital statistics including registration of births and deaths.
• Public facilities including street lights, parking lots, bus stops and public facilities.
• Regulation of slaughterhouses
• Implementation of PM Self Fund Scheme.
• Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana / Ramai Awas Yojana.
Solapur Municipal Corporation is the administrative body of Solapur city in the Indian state of Maharashtra. A municipal corporation consists of democratically elected members, headed by a Mayor.